Saturday, June 22, 2024

Welcome to Teen Talk!

I'm a long time reader, first time blogger and look forward to sharing some great YA reads with you.  Kids often ask me what my favorite book is, and I struggle to answer, often choosing to list off a series of reads that I've loved. If I had to be pinned down, I'd probably say All The Light We Cannot See (Anthony Doerr). Or Six of Crows (Leigh Bardugo). Or Where the Mountain Meets the Moon (Grace Lin). Or A Monster Calls (Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd). Or Firekeeper's Daughter (Angeline Boulley ). Or The Girl Who Drank the Moon (Kelly Barnhill). Or A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (Holly Jackson). Or Counting by Sevens (Holly Goldberg Sloan). Or Every Heart a Doorway (Seanan McGuire). Or The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik (David Arnold). Or The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Alan Bradley)...

...It's happened again.... 

I typically describe myself as a fantasy fan, but, actually, I don't much care what the genre is as long as the book is well written and has characters that I find intriguing and a plot that ropes me in.  I adore that feeling that - if I'm lucky - happens around about chapter three when I realize - oh! I love this book and I don't want it to end!

What's your favorite book or author or genre? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on technologies in the classroom

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/how-ed-tech -can-help-leapfrog-progress-in-education/ Back in January, I posted a list of 10 things teac...